Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Jo I Am NOT.

I absolutely hate scorching heat. We have been experiencing 100 degree weather here in Montana for the last week and I'm getting mighty pissy. Well maybe pissy isn't the correct term since I'm getting too damn dehydrated from this frickin' heat to be pissy. Anyway you get the point. It isn't helping that my car's ac isn't working and the central air unit to our house has bit the dust. So the only time I get relief is at work where the damn ac in my office sits about 5 feet away from me and blows directly on my left side until my arm literally aches. I have to leave it on because it helps cool the kitchen for the restaurant. So I suffer so the cooks don't keel over from heat exhaustion. I may be pissy, but I still have heart.
We did however purchase one of those 16' pools from wally world a couple of weekends ago. So that helps when I can find the time in between work, the kids, the Hubster, cooking, cleaning and whatever the hell else is going on. Plus sometimes I feel so damn hot and sweaty it sounds like too much of a hassle to change into my swimsuit.
The other problem with the heat is what to make for dinner. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting sick of BBQ. I guess I need to check the Internet for some new recipes.
Speaking of new recipes, I need a new diet. I have gained 18 lbs over the last two years and boy oh boy do I feel it. Towards the end of the day I walk like a little old lady. Today at work I had to go out to the motel to talk to one of the maids and she was working downstairs. I literally stopped at the top of the stairs and considered not going down them because I knew I'd have to come back up them. People I'm 42! 42 years old and I'm having thoughts like this. Sad.
I feel like I'm stuck in this vicious struggle against myself. I'm intelligent and I know how I should be eating. So I go shopping and I buy fruits, vegies, lean meats, whole grain bread and I bring it home, put it away and to tell you the truth I don't know what my problem is. But come dinner time I'm so damn tired and stressed from work that I don't want to chop vegies or even cook for that matter. So I go the easiest route and we order out. And the thing that really pisses me off is I know if I ate healthier, I'd have the energy. Why do I do this to myself?
Well since I'm such a bundle of joy, I'm going to cut this short. I'll try to get a picture of the boys and the pool one of these days. Take care.

1 comment:

Lena . . . said...

Boy, do I know where you're coming from. We finally got a bit of a break from the heat last night. It's all the way down to 59 this morning. Feels really good. And the eating stuff? Tell me about it. I've been the same way all winter. I've been on prednisone for the last six months and have gained 10 pounds. Popping out of all my jeans and I hate it. I feel like the pillsbury doughboy! I buy all the good, right things at the store, put them away and then go for the chips and popcorn. Ugh! I need better discipline. We can cry in our beer together!