Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Counting

Almost a friggin' month since I updated last. Jeesh!

Steven is done with t-ball. He really improved through the season as did all the kids. His last game, he hit one over the kids heads into the outfield. Everyone was all "Good hit Steve!" and as he ran by me on his way to first base he points at me and say "That was for you Mama!" That got an awe from everyone in the crowd. I of course was beaming with pride and love. My favorite Steven moment for me was one day he got in the car after a game and said "Mom! Weren't you proud of me, I didn't pick my nose or play with my pee pee once!" Yes, very proud.

Dean is quickly losing any baby qualities and is becoming pure boy. He has learned to count to 10, so everything in this house is counted. Well at least to 10, then we start at 1 again. Although I am very happy with his mathematical genius, I didn't need him to announce at breakfast yesterday to daddy, "Mama farted 2 times in the kitchen." Which led to a joyful conversation between Dad and sons about how that darn Mama just farts all over the house which led to the conclusion that Mama farts 98 times a day. Dean who had started this whole thing was busy looking at his hands trying to figure out how to hold up 98 with his fingers.

Steven will be out of school Friday for summer. Its hard to believe the school year is over. Before I know it I'll be sending both of the boys off to school in the mornings. I've got to get the boys signed up for swim lessons and beyond that I'm looking for a fun and relaxing summer. It will probably be another month before we can even think about getting the boat out on the river. The river is extremely high and muddy due to the run off. But soon I'll be kicked back on the boat watching my bobber sipping on a cold drink.

No comments: