Saturday, May 06, 2006

The Wheels Go Round and Round

Today was absolutely beautiful. 75 degrees, sunny, light breeze and I got not one damn thing done out in the yard. I had to finish up some reports for the BossMan first thing this morning and then I got in an organizing frenzy. My desk is an embarrassment. I've still got piles of embezzlement papers, bowling association crap, my tax stuff, and Steven's school papers to sort through. I have this big beautiful desk and I have one square foot that shows. I know quit my whining.

The other bookkeeper gave her two week notice last Monday, so on the 22nd I will be working full time. Actually it won't be bad since BossMan is going to network my pc with the one at the office. I will have to go into the office in the morning to do the deposit and make the bags for the next business day which will take about an hour and a half. After that I'll pick up Dean from daycare and bring him home so I can do the computer entries. Tuesdays I'll work in the office a little longer. I'm really excited about this. I always wanted a stay at home job, but I still like to get out of the house for adult contact. So I'll have it both ways. I hired a gal to do the weekend deposits so I'll still have weekends off.

My Mom and Dad got home from Arizona last week and boy is it great having them home. They look great and of course tan. The boys are beyond excited to have them home. Steven would spend every day there if he could.

T-ball is keeping us running with the games and practices. Steven is doing so good. He still needs to work on paying attention to where the ball is though. Actually all the kids do. I think they spend more time chasing butterflies and catching bugs then anything.

Our renters are moving out on the 15th, so we are in the process of selecting new ones. I had a gal stop by Thurs unannounced to see about renting from us. I know her, but haven't seen her for about 5 years. We have a 3 bedroom, 1 bath trailer and they have 4 kids. Do the math. I told her to fill out an application and told her the utility costs. She and her hubby had an appointment to see the house on Saturday. Well Friday at 7:05 frickin' a.m. she left a message saying that they had the deposit and would take it. I called her that evening to tell her we still had several other people wanting to look at the trailer and would make our decision based on the applications. She then informed me that they already gave notice on their current rental and were packing. To say the least I was pissed. I told her that I had not and probably wouldn't approve her family to move in so she better get a hold of her current landlord and cancel the notice. They live in a 2 bedroom dump right now and before that lived in an RV. Hubster and I got to thinking that since they have such a big family it is probably hard for them to find places to rent so they tried to force their way in. Hubster and I haven't even seen the condition of the rental yet. For all we know there could be holes in the walls or whatever else. We do have one couple interested that sound promising. They are in there 50's and have been life time renters. They rented their first house for 21 years and their current apartment for 7 years. They are suppose to come by tomorrow to look at the place so I hope they like it and want to take it.

So thats life around here.
Later.

No comments: