Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Take Me Out To The T-Ball

Steven had his first game on Saturday and I officially became the nervous mother on the sideline. This was opening day for all the teams in the county from t-ball up to the minors or majors, I'm not sure what the older kids are called. Anyways the kids who were around 12 to 13 yrs. old. Give me a few more weeks and I'm sure I'll be an aficionado of baseball. There were 27 out of 29 teams present for the opening ceremony which was awesome. Of course one of the teams who canceled out was the team opposing Steven's team. Thankfully one of the t-ball teams that had played earlier in the day agreed to play another game with Steven's team. Poor Hubster got wrangled into helping the kids at the tee, but he soon got into the swing of it and had a good time.
As you can see it was a beautiful day, not too cool or windy. Thats Hubster in the black jacket & hat and Steven is at bat.
Steven played great for his first game. He made me very proud by hitting well and by not picking his nose out on the field. We all had a fun day and it will be nice having something else to do as a family. We started practice last week and I was worried how Dean would handle not being able to play with his brother. Well as you can see we had our ups and our downs. Next year little man, next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for T-ball! I think the very best action in baseball is when the players still need the line coaches to call a shoelace timeout.