Monday, April 03, 2006

Hiding out of Desperation

This morning after I got Steven on the bus, I came home and logged on to the internet and hid from the world. Its days like this I'm still glad I have dial up. I love the people I work with, but cripes they call me over the stupidist things. They'll call to ask me if they should charge a motel customer the weekly rate if they are staying for 7 days. Ummm, that would be yes. 7 days is a week the last I looked. Anyways I hid at least from the phone. The sad thing is that I spent my day at the computer working only getting away to make Dean lunch and giving him a 20 minute piggyback ride of which I'm paying for tonight from the ache in my lower back.

Steven lost another tooth tonight. This is his 6th tooth he has lost so he is getting to be a real pro now. When he lost his first few teeth he got hysterical at the sight of the blood. Today he brought the tooth to me and went in the bathroom and got a wet washcloth to hold on the hole until the bleeding stopped. One more sign he doesn't need his mommy as much. Sigh.

Hubster went back to work today after only being off since March 15th. He is usually laid off until the end of April or first of May so we were a little suprised when he got the call this weekend. I'm relieved in the financial aspect, but bummed because we usually use this time to get projects done around outside. I guess we'll just have to plan our weekends for the list of honey-do's I had made.

Last week our local power company called to let us know we will be without power for 5-6 hours on Wed. starting at 9:00 am. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the days I go in to the office to do the books. Basically I will have to get everything I do in those two days done tomorrow. If everything goes well tomorrow I should only have to go in Wednesday to get the bags done for Thursday and deposit monies from Tuesday. And with the thought of the long day ahead of me tomorrow I had better get myself to bed of course after some tooth fairy dust is scattered.

No comments: