Sunday, April 02, 2006

I Am So Ready

Since the beginning of January every possible waking moment I have sat at this computer and worked on investigating the embezzlement case. I want to be done with it now! I have 4 more months of daily till tapes to go through and then I will be able to hand all this over to a forensic accountant. The money has been great and has been our saving grace with Hubster being off work for spring break up, but I want my life back. I feel like a horrible mom since all the boys hear from me is, "Later Mommy is working." "Honey I can't right now, I'm working." "Boys! Quiet! I'm trying to work!". So I guess I won't be winning Mommy of the Year this year.

You remember in November when I was re-decorating the bathroom. Well it has not been touched since I removed most of the wall paper. Yeah, you read that right, I don't even have all the wall paper down. So I set a goal for myself. Mom and Dad will be back the end of April from Arizona and I want it done before they get back. I could care less if it is done for their eyes, I just need a deadline and since I'm not expecting company any time soon I figured them coming home would do the trick. Steven has his Spring Break starting April 14th so that shall be the big vacation project. Steven loves to paint and so he will. I'll be done with the embezzlement stuff by then also, so I should have the time.

I have been feeling so much better since I started taking my sinus meds. I didn't realize how much it was draining my energy. I should probably go to the doctor to make sure it is not a sinus infection, but so far the meds seem to be doing the trick.

I signed up on some web rings last night in hopes of getting some more traffic to my site. When I first started doing this I didn't really care if too many people read. But I now I'm feeling well....insecure. I don't know what I'm really feeling. Do I suck so bad at this that no one wants to stick around and read. According to site meter, I get hits, but no one sticks around to read. I have one person who comments and thats Jules (Thank you!) so that has made me feel better. I'll just keep plugging away and try to get back to my original plan that this is for my boys and me. I feel like I'm back in high school, do they like me? Ugh!

Okay my sunday shows are starting so I'm outta here. Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, on sitemeter, it can't tell how long they've been on unless they click out. So I could have your page up for an hour, and read it completely, but if I just stay on your front page, it will say 0:00. So they're reading, they're just not clicking out.

And I'm the mommy of the year too - I dragged mine to a site this weekend. Max helped hand me stuff and got to look into pipes while John sulked in the truck. And then I had to chase them out of my office so I could do my billing.

Jo said...

Hee! Well I feel better now!
I was wondering why no one was sticking around.

Work and kids definitely don't mix. I always dreamed of working from home, well I got a good dose of reality now.

Thanks again Jules!