Friday, March 31, 2006

I don't want to grow up.

I am so glad this week is over! The last 3 nights I have had bowling meetings, I worked 21 hours in 2 days and I think I still have a family since the laundry hamper is full once again. Frickin' laundry. On top of all this busy business I was dealing with a headache. I very rarely get headaches and when I do if I take an advil its gone within the hour. But this bugger started Tuesday night during the meeting right on the side of my head with this consistent pressure. When I got home I popped some advil and went to bed. Wake up Wed and its still there. I took some more advil and went to work. Counting money while you have a headache is not fun. One of the bartenders in the lounge offered me some advil liquid gels claiming they would kick my headache's ass. About an hour later the whole top of my head felt like somebody had poured hot grease on it. After I went to the bank to make the deposit, the thought of a stroke or an aneurysm convinced me to stop at the doctor's office to have my blood pressure checked. It was fine 124/70. The nurse laughed at my hypochondria and said I wasn't having a stroke. Okay that helped. Laugh at my concerns wench, you'll be sorry when you read my obituary. So I dragged myself back to work until 5:00 ran home and put a lasagne in the oven to bake which I had so smartly pre-made Monday night, ran back to the bowling alley for our Wed night league meeting and banquet at 6:15. Tried not to kill too many innocent people while dealing with the constant brain drilling, hot grease scalding headache, did the liquor order for the lanes, went home to find Dean still awake and in hyperdrive. Took some more advil and finally got Dean successfully tucked into bed. I then stupidly stayed up until 1:30 afraid if I went to bed my aneurysm would explode during my sleep and I'd be found dead in my bed that I haven't changed the sheets in for 2 weeks. I compensated and put on some clean underwear and crawled into bed. Awoke (yes!) at 6:30 to begin the "get yo ass outta bed its time for school" routine. At 8:00 I sat down at the computer to begin my day of embezzlement investigating with only the brain drilling portion of the headache remaining. After about 2 hours of squinting through the pain I went in to take a hot shower. When I got out I went through my after shower ritual lotion, deodorant, brush teeth, blow nose. When I blew my nose my head felt like it was going to explode where my headache was located. I then noticed I could affect the degree of pain in my head just by sniffing. Sniff in and head explosion, breath out moderate pressure. So I popped some Tylenol sinus. Within an hour my headache was gone. Thank ya Jesus! I've noticed as I get older my sinus' are so much more sensitive to changes in the weather. So I guess nurse-laugh-a-lot was correct.
Speaking of getting older, I think I may be starting the first stages of menopause. The last 3 months my emotions have been on an ever ending rollercoaster ride. WHHEEE! Well I want off....like now. Right now. I used to mock women who would blame their moods on hormones. I have always been able to put a smile on my face when I'm grumpy or sad since I'm one of these people who HATE people who take a bad day out on others. I have become one of those people I hate. I'm surprised I'm not hacking up hairballs from all the heads I've bitten off lately. The only upside to the hormonal swing I've been on is my sex drive. For three weeks of every month I'm insatiable. Poor Hubster can't even scratch his balls without me wanting to jump him. Actually now that I think of it he has been scratching them more, so maybe its not poor Hubster. But he pays for the 3 week stretch of horny honey of a wife with one week of rabid hairball hacking wench he resides with while quivering on the far side of the bed. And it wouldn't be so bad if that week fell while I'm on my period, but no it comes the week before I start. So technically only 2 out of my 3 weeks of the sex in overdrive is spent satisfactory. I just only hope that when my menopause changes gears its finds me in sex overdrive and not in full road rage run your ass over then reverse and run it over again gear. Later. I have to go see what Hubsters up to ;)

No comments: