Sunday, March 26, 2006

Daddy's Day

Dad turned 72 yrs old today. Wow doesn't seem possible. Mom and Dad should be heading home in another 3 to 4 weeks from Arizona. It will be so good having them back here. Seems too long since they left in October. I'm anxious for them to see the boys. Dean is talking so much more clearly and isn't the shy little boy he was when they saw him last. I know they can hear a big difference when they talk to him on the phone, but his expressions and hand gestures are so much of his communicating they can't see. Steven is getting so grown up now. He isn't the little boy who comes crying to Mommy anymore, instead he sucks it up when he is hurt now. That breaks my heart not to be needed as much, so I know it will Granny also. Anyway it will be interesting.
Today was raining and we actually had some snowfall a couple of times so I spent my day getting caught up on bowling stuff. It will be good to get this all done for the season and concentrate on other things. Like my house! Oh my god, I haven't let my housework fall behind this bad for ages. I got so busy in December with training for the bookkeeping and investigating the embezzlement crap, I let my house take last priority. I finally got caught up on the laundry Thursday, well as much as you can ever catch up on laundry. I had probably 14 loads laying there. That is so disgusting! I feel like a new woman finally getting caught up to a reasonable load a day. Isn't that sad that laundry can affect my state of mind?
I joined a website a few years ago called "flylady" that helped you get your household in order. I really liked the concept and think it could work, but I swear I received about 20 chore reminder emails daily. I felt like my mother was nagging me to clean my room every 10 minutes. Eventually I lost interest or maybe it was more that I acted like a sullen teenager and said I'm not going to clean my room flylady and quit. Anyways I should check it out and see if it can help me with all the spring cleaning tasks on my list, because before I know it I'll have yard work calling out to me.
Okay my favorite night of tv (Desperate Housewives & Grey's Anatomy) is about to start so I'm outta here. Later.

No comments: