Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring

Today I actually got outside and did some stuff around the yard and it felt fantastic! Its definitely too muddy yet to get real serious, but I put out a decorative bird house I got for Christmas and picked a few rocks out of the yard. Last year when the contractor put our septic system in they spread drainage rock all over when they were filling in the trenches. Of course this is an area where we envisioned a lovely lawn. So I spent several weeks last year picking rocks and hauling them to low spots in the driveway. Well it seems that over the winter the rocks have had a love fest and multiplied. It doesn't even look like I picked a single rock. I know once the lawn comes in fully we won't see them, but I keep envisioning rocks flying through my windows as Hubster mows the lawn. Oh well I got one hell of a tan last year so I guess I'll look at it as my way of achieving that golden glow. I need to make a plan for a couple of flower beds and what kind of flowers will work best. I don't know why I try to grow flowers because basically all I end up doing is growing food for the deer, the little bastards. I started a two tiered flower bed last fall that I need to put a rock border around. Over the years whenever Hubster and I go anywhere in the mountains I always collect interesting rocks so I figured a border would be a good way to display them. Well I think I'll dig out the garden books and plan what bulbs to order for the deer's dining pleasure. Later.

No comments: