Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just Say It

I've spent the majority of the day reading a new online journal and got to thinking I should update my own. I have several journals that I faithfully read daily (Hi Jules!) and some I check in on once a week or so. I love to find new journals through links and read through the archives. Kind of like reading a good book on a rainy day.
One thing that struck me lately as I've been reading journals is that I'm putting too much effort into my entries. Heh I'm talking quality, not quantity obviously since I'm averaging 3 entries a month lately. I keep thinking I have to have something exciting or of meaning to say whenever I write. Don't misunderstand me I'm not saying that other peoples journals are boring. I'm saying that I realized that I enjoy reading journals because I get a glimpse of how they live day to day. Granted some have much more exciting lives than I ever will. The journals I read are people whom I can relate to in some facet. So I'm going to take some pressure off of myself and write about me, my life and if somebody out there connects with me that's great.

No comments: