Saturday, April 08, 2006

Time To Start Caring

Since last Spring I have gained 16 pounds and boy do I feel them. This winter my knee started bothering me to the point I had to wear a brace while bowling. My energy level has been at its all time low. So I'd say some changes are due otherwise my future is looking pretty bleak. I have been on countless diets and I know that I can't lose the weight by going on another. The best plan for me is to enjoy food that is good for me like whole grains, vegies, and fruits. Basically stay away from processed foods. I went shopping this morning and spent $247.00 (gulp) on getting this house stocked on good stuff. Hubster and the boys will not be happy when they start snooping through the cupboards come snack time.
About 3 weeks ago Hubster and I invested in a Bow Flex. Hubster has been using it 4 times a week and is developing quite nicely. Oh yeah, quite nicely. Me?? I have used it once. One frigging time. Its gotten to the point I walk right past it and don't even know its there. Sad. I love to lift weights, so I know if I get going I will enjoy it. I just have to get to it. I'm going to talk to Hubster and see if we can lift together. You know what...no, I'm not going to make it Hubster's responsibility to make me use the damn thing, thats not fair to him. I will make the time and energy to do it myself. Eating better will bring my energy levels up and of course getting my ass to bed on time would be beneficial also. I have so many outdoor projects I want to get done this summer and if I don't take care of myself I won't have the beautiful yard I desire. More important I need to do this for my family or I won't be able to play with my boys and enjoy the life we have together.

No comments: