Friday, February 03, 2006

I Feel Good, I Feel Good.....

I keep repeating "I feel good, I feel good" to myself because I don't have time to be sick. Last night at 12:30 am Steven, whom was sleeping with Hubster and I sat up and said Dad I don't feel good. Hubster grabbed him but Steven did puke some on my pillow and on the rug before Hubster got him in the bathroom. So I put Steven in the tub to clean him up and I then proceeded to clean the mess. I got Steven in some fresh pjs and put him in his own bed. Hubster changed our bedding and I crawled back to bed and laid there listening for Steven. Soon I slipped off to sleep and was just hitting the deep zzz's when this little voice at my bedside said Mama and rrrrrrrrrrralllllllph. Thinking it was Steven I was suprised when I turned on the light to find Dean standing there with vomit down the front of him and on my bedspread. Great. So from 1:30 to 5:00 I bounced from Steven to Dean and to trying to salvage my carpets. When Steven woke up this morning he was all gungho to go to school, but within 20 minutes he was once again visiting the toilet. So today was a lay around the house day for the boys and load after load of laundry for me. Both Hubster and I have had ishy tummies all day but I think its all in our heads, well I hope. One good thing is I didn't have to cook dinner because nobody was hungry. Before I had kids I had the weakest stomach and the sound of someone throwing up would make me join right in with them. I remember when I saw the movie Witches of Eastwick and they have the scene where the witches put a spell on a woman making her throw up cherry pits I had to run out of the theater and go outside and get some fresh air. For the longest time whenever I saw Cher my stomach would get ishy and I would feel sick. I definitely wasn't the friend you would want to party with and rely upon to hold your hair back while you worshipped the porcelain gods. Hell I'd push you out of the way of the toilet.
Work has been very draining. I worked 21 hours Tues and Wed. I'm enjoying the job though, but I don't like how it is invading into my home life. Hopefully things will balance out soon. I'm bummed I've let this journal go by the wayside. I felt like I was finally getting some readers. I decided I'm going to have to schedule myself to sit and write entries. So bear with me and drop a comment once in awhile to let me know you stopped by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back Jo. I never did get over the queasy tummy, so when the kids yack, I'm gagging right along with them while I'm cleaning them up. It's SO much fun to be a single parent sometimes!