Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I Need to Grow Younger

I came upon a link for a real age test while browsing. What the heck, I've got a few minutes before the boys wake up. When I began the test I was feeling pretty good. After I got the results...well...not so good. The test revealed my real age as 52.7 years old. I'm 40. That sucks. It especially sucks since I'm a 40 yr old mother to a 3 and 5 yr old. For the last year or so, its been in the back of mind that I need to start taking care of myself better. You know exercise, lose the poundage, quit smoking, all the "I should be doing" things. While I was taking the test I was proudly checking the no boxes for diseases and symptoms thinking I'm in pretty good health. Pretty good health for someone who smokes, needs to lose 50 lbs. and doesn't take time to exercise. I think my bubble has burst.
The sad thing is that for most of my life I've desired to be a different person than I am. Maybe not different person, I like me. I know! I want a different lifestyle! Exercise, make healthy meals for the family and be smoke free. So I guess if I'm going to grow younger I need to be less lazy. Heh, makes me tired just thinking about it.
Well I think I'll take this 52 year old, oh excuse me, 52.7 yr old body and make a plan of attack. Wish me well!

No comments: