Saturday, August 06, 2005

Life without Brubber


Dean calls Steven brother except it comes out Brubber. This is how nicknames begin. Though I don't think Steven will want to be called Brubber for much longer once he starts school. When Dean was born, Hubster called his brother to tell him we had another boy and told him we named him Dean. Well bil misunderstood and thought we had named him Bean. And although he thought this was a strange name to give a child proceeded to call friends and family to help pass the good news of Bean's birth. Dean gets called Bean quite often. So we have Bean and Brubber. Two brothers who spend every waking hour together. They play, they fight, they conspire, they build, they fight, they kiss each others boo-boos, and oh..they fight. But in a month, these days will change. Brubber will be having new adventures, with new friends. I'm looking forward to my one on one time with Dean. But I'm afraid little Dean will be quite lost once Brubber starts school. It makes me teary eyed now to think about it. Maybe I'm wrong and Dean will relish his own time to build or play what he wants without Steven's leading ways. It could be my deep desire that these two boys of mine will always have an unbreakable bond and I don't want it weakened by 8 hours of separation and new friends. Gah! Parenting hurts sometimes! I also know I want my boys to grow to be confident individuals, so maybe the steps have begun and I better follow in stride.

No comments: