Sunday, October 02, 2005

All Bowled Out

Since Friday night I have spent 22 hours out of 42 hours either bowling or involved in some form of bowling. I had a U.S. bowling coach teach two 9 hour clinics over the weekend. Usually Dave has assistants who help, but this was homecoming for the U of M and his usual help were all going to the game. So I got to play assistant bowling coach. Do I want to talk anymore about bowling? NOT.
I am going to bitch though. What is it with kids today? Eww! That made me feel old to say that! Anyways, where are there manners? I don't know if its because I'm a mother, but I have noticed how rude kids are now. They interrupt, they're demanding and if one more punk ass kid rolls their eyes at me I will poke those eyes out with my pre arthritic finger. What gets me the most is these kids do this in front of their parents and these so called parents do nothing. I don't know if its that parents nowadays are so terrified of disciplining or they're tired or what! I've had to get in my boys face in public and control their behavior. If you don't want to watch me scold my child, look the other way bubba. It only took one time with Steven when he was running around the store like a wild animal. I grabbed him by the hand & took him to the cart grabbed the box of cereal he had been begging me to get and we both took that cereal back to the shelf with the understanding it was going back because of his behavior and for not listening. He wailed and sobbed and people stared, so what, he hasn't done it since. I believe that is what parenting is. Its guidance. My kids aren't perfect. They meltdown at times, so do I for that matter. But waiting until you leave the store or wherever you are to smack down the law is just going to teach the child that as long as they are surrounded by other people, hey I can get away with this behavior here.

No comments: