Monday, October 17, 2005

Tooth Be Told

I am the proud mother of a kindergartener with a missing tooth. He looks so adorable! He has already lost 2 of his bottom teeth this last spring. This kid isn't waiting around about letting his permanent teeth come in. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't 5 yrs old young to be losing teeth? He just turned 6, but I seem to remember my nephews being closer to 7 when they lost their teeth. I'm a little worried about how he lost this tooth though. Saturday when we were at Mom's for dinner Steven jumped onto the couch and rammed into Hubster's elbow. He split his upper lip and I checked for loose teeth but didn't feel any. He has had a loose tooth on the bottom and that one didn't seem any looser either. Last night about 11:30 he comes bounding into the livingroom and before I could scold him for still being awake he shows me his tooth in his hand. I asked him when did that happen and he said "When I bumped my face on my dresser." I still haven't gotten the whole story about how he happened to bump his face on the dresser as we had to prepare the tooth for the tooth fairy to come for the big trade off. When Hubster went in this morning to kiss him goodbye he said Steven was using his pillow like a blanket. I don't know if he thought he could catch the tooth fairy in action this way or what. When I woke Steven up for school he had his dollar clutched tightly in his hand and I literally had to pry it out of his hand so he could go to the bathroom. We went to a football game after school today and he was sitting on Papa's lap telling him that he saw the tooth fairy come in his room. My heart skipped a beat waiting for him to reveal the true identity of the tooth fairy. Later I asked him what she looked like and he said she was beautiful, sparkly and had wings. Phew! I know at 2:00 in the morning I certainly don't sparkle.
I'm hoping the tooth was really ready to come out and not from the elbow incident. I suppose I'll watch the other tooth for awhile and see from there. Steven thinks it is pretty cool having a hole to hiss through. I on the other hand have had about enough of the hissing demonstrations as I usually get a shower of spit along with the hiss. Who knows though maybe all those droplets give me a dewy sparkle.

No comments: