Sunday, October 02, 2005

I Miss Paige

I've watched Trading Spaces from the very beginning. Alot of my decorating ideas have stemmed from what I've seen. I was trying to remember the first gal that hosted the show...Alex? I was bummed when she was replaced by Paige. Alex(?) had grit and a sauciness about her that just seemed right for the show. When Paige first started she was...well..too perky. I figured she would be replaced quickly. But as the show progressed I began to like Paige. Since she has left I've caught the show a few times, but it just isn't hitting home with me. I suppose like the other changes the show has gone through I will get used to it.
One reason the show may be losing its appeal is that I've pretty much decorated every room in our old house and this one. I still haven't finished deflowering the guest bathroom. The wallpaper is all removed except behind the washer and dryer. Not a task I'm looking forward to at all. For one thing I can't seem to get caught up on the laundry. Hell when do you ever get caught up huh? I suppose if I scheduled a weekend to be a nudist and shower free weekend I could get caught up. The boys would love it as they pretty much end up in some form of nakedness at the end of the day anyway. That might be a good way of getting people to stop dropping by without calling first though. Oh well, I suppose I should just scoot the hamper out in the hall and muscle the washer and dryer out and get 'r done. Removing the wallpaper has revealed alot of nail holes in need of patching. There is one section of the wall that I can't quite figured out what the heck was going on. Either someone measured a towel bar wrong 4 times or they kept installing longer bars. It'll take me at least one day to get all the holes patched and sanded. One thing I have learned with all my painting adventures is that you don't slack in the prep work. Several times in the past, I've either gotten tired or anxious to be done with a painting project and skipped the prep work thinking no one will notice a few holes or a crack in the wall. Well maybe no one else notices, but I do. Those are the spots I stare at when I'm laying in bed, taking a bath, or sitting at the table eating. They literally scream "Hey you! Lady, yes you. See this here? Yeah the tear in the drywall you promised wouldn't show once you layered 5 coats of paint on me. Didn't work lady!" So I swear on my do it yourself book I will spackle and sand to a smooth finish so help me Bob Villa.

No comments: