Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!


First of several holidays to come! It always seems that from Halloween to New Years just flies by for me. I love the holidays. Even more so now that we have the boys to see it through their eyes. I really got into the pumpkin carving this year as you can see from the picture. The one on the far right was done by Hubster. The rest I found patterns for on the internet. We have to keep them on the deck up on our table so the darling deer will stay away from them. A couple of years ago I decorated our gate at the end of the driveway with hay bales, a scarecrow and many pumpkins. It looked so good....for one day. During the night the damn deer came along for a pumpkin party of their own and ate all but two of the pumpkins. The last 2 they got the next night. I caught a couple of does sneaking up to the pumpkins last night so I felt lucky when I got up this morning and the pumpkins were still in one piece. Tomorrow I'll take the pumpkins out behind the house and they can have at them.

Before Mom & Dad went down south the boys trick or treated them so they could see their costumes. It was Stevens idea to be batman so I naturally felt Dean should be Robin. Steven has basically been living in his costume since I got it for him. I finally got it off him last night so I could wash it for tonight. Dean isn't too fond of his mask so I think I'll be lucky if it stays on for more than one house. I just hope the rain will stop long enough tonight as to not ruin the fun. Snow or cold I can handle Halloween night, rain and trick or treating doesn't make for a fun night. Happy Halloween all! And just think in 3 weeks we'll be discussing Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments: