Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Go Hibernate Yourself!

I am sooo ready for the bears to go into hibernation. It was quite obvious this year that their food supply in the mountains was sparse or either that we've got a bunch of bears that prefer dumpster dining. Tuesday morning Hubster fed our dog Griz on the front porch and 5 minutes later he looked out and a bear was eating out of Griz's dish. I think Griz has formed an alliance with the damn bear, while the bear distracts us Griz will go around to the other porch and eat the cat's food. Anyway it wasn't the way I like to start my day with Smokey the bear dining on my deck.
I read in the paper that a sheriff's deputy hit a cub on the highway across the river from our house. Since I haven't seen signs of mama bear and cub lately I figure that it was the cub that ate my marigolds a couple of weeks ago. Oh well another month and they should all be cozied up in their dens.

No comments: