Sunday, October 09, 2005

I'm Desperate and A Housewife

Sunday night TV is helping me get over that empty feeling I had after Rock Star ended. I'm definitely getting drawn in by Housewives. I'm envious of them though. As I'm watching their tales of woe and desires I can't but help looking at whats surrounding them. I'm not envious of their homes and possesions. I'm envious of the cleanliness and order. I know its a set and they have people assigned for how the pillows are plumped and the plants are probably spray painted green, I know. But when I day dream of my day to day life my visions have me surrounded by nary a dirty dish in sight, sparkling toilets, laundry folded & put away and toys in the toy box. When I smack myself in the forehead I awake to a laundry pile 2 feet tall, a carpet scattered with cars & tufts of dog hair, and dishes in the sink creating biological experiments. I was doing fine this summer when I wasn't working but now the work grind has begun once again and I need to fire my ass as housekeeper. I thought I could get caught up this weekend and I did get a start on the vacuuming, then life stepped in. Hubster was putting the tar paper on the roof of our new porch and needed me occasionally to hand up tools or hold the ladder. The boys were boys and needed fed and drinks gotten and boo-boos kissed. The machines at the bowling alley decided they needed my soothing touch both Sat and Sun. The next thing I know its Sunday night bath time and beeeeeeeeeep...weekends over. So here I sit and everyone is in bed. I could do the dishes and throw in some laundry, but its 9:00 and its time for Sunday night TV! It will all be there when I wake up tomorrow and the next day and the day after. Damn.

No comments: